We're asking that you give some consideration to these "primer questions" prior to the meeting. This is to get you thinking about the school in ways that you might not have considered:
- How do we define success for this project?
- What are your Hopes and Dreams for the new high school?
- What are your Fears about the new school?
- What are your Hopes, Dreams, and Fears for your kids’ futures?
- What are the top jobs and careers you want for your kids?
- What are the most important things you want your kids to learn (skills vs knowledge - STEM/CTE, robotics, foreign language/other cultures, food, outdoor learning, etc)?
- What businesses or community organizations would you most like to have involved in your school?
- How many of you as parents work outside of normal hours (M-F, 8-6)?
- How many of your kids have smartphones?
- What do your kids do after school?
- What would you like your kids to do after school?
- If you had one thing this school should say to your kids and to their kids, what should it say?
Following the visioning, I'll be providing a quick overview of the upcoming replacement levy proposal that will be on the February ballot. The district is requesting an $895,000 levy for two years to support things like all athletics, after school activities, class size reduction, additional electives at the middle and high schools, elementary music and more. This levy is $205,000 less each year than the current levy that will expire at the end of 2019. If not replaced, programs and staffing will need to be reduced.